Tapad Data Case Study Viq Tmk Windstream 4 16 As you have likely heard, the Telenor acquisition of Tapad has now closed and our Founding Board was announced. Most teams coast for a while post-transaction. We’re proud to report that mid-way through Q2’16, Tapad is still firing on all cylinders. As of today, we are looking at a record-setting Q2 with revenues up 71 percent year-over-year.
With 25 new cross-screen partners signed this year alone – Tapad Data continues its market share dominance through the licensing of The Device Graph™. Read how Tapad teamed up with Visual IQ to drive a 45% sales increase for The Media Kitchen and Windstream. Get the full case study and connect with the Data team to learn more.
Our Media team has also furthered its lead by leveraging our award-winning, cross-device Creative and Video offerings. What is more, our proven ability to connect TV, digital and offline is resonating across-the-board, particularly among the CPG-set. Another major contributor to this strong showing is the lift-off of Media’s self-serve product, up 10X over the same period last year.
We’re also very proud to announce two key appointments to our team:
- Pierre Martensson has been appointed to forge our path into Asia. Pierre was the first choice for Are Traasdahl, CEO and Founder, for this new role. In addition to having a proven track record of building and running successful operations in the region, he’s been a trusted advisor of Are’s for many years.
- Pal (pronounced Paul) Hoye has joined Tapad’s engineering leadership ranks. Pal comes to us most recently having served as a former Technology lead at Goldman Sachs - an organization known for engineering excellence. Are and CTO/Co-founder Dag Liodden have known Pal for many years and consider him the ultimate "get" for our stellar engineering team.
Know anyone who would be a great fit for Tapad? View open positions on our careers page or email email@example.com. Keep reading to learn more about our award-winning team.
We’re happy to share that once again, Tapad has taken home an iMedia ASPY award – two, in fact! It was just announced onstage at the 13th annual iMedia Summit that team Tapad took home Best Customer Service and Best Mobile Partner. BIG thanks to all our agency partners who voted.
We are also proud to announce that our CEO and founder, Are Traasdahl, has been named Founder of the Year by the Nordic Startup Awards. The Nordic Startup Awards’ Founder of the Year Award recognizes an individual that has shown exceptional achievements in fundraising, customer growth, financial savvy, and/or leadership throughout the past year. Learn more about Are's entrepreneurial journey and how he intends to pay it forward via The Propeller Program.
- Deal Street Asia: Malaysia: Digi Telecom sets up new division (5/30)
- DN.no: Doorway for entrepreneurs in New York (5/22)
- Social Times: How the Convergence of Marketing, Ad Tech Led to Richer Data Insights (5/19)
- AftenPosten: He started with 26 ideas and ended as billionaire (5/14)
- Firsthand Technology Value Fund Inc.: Fund Announces Q1 ’16 Financial Results (5/10)
- MarTech Advisor: Tapad Announces New Founding Board Following Telenor Acquisition (5/4)
- AdExchanger: Snapchat Now Running Ecommerce Ads; Telco And Ad Tech Strengthen Ties (5/2)
From Oslo to New York City to Los Angeles and from Reykjavik to Toronto, Team Tapad is never shy about mixing and mingling with our industry’s best and brightest. View our May event highlights below and check out our Industry Events & More page to see where you can connect with us next.
- flatMap, Oslo, NOR (5/2-3, Tapad sponsored)
- ASPY Awards, Lost Pines. TX (5/3, Tapad honored)
- Scala Days 2016, New York, NY (5/9-13, Tapad key sponsor)
- MMA Mobile Marketing Leadership Forum, New York, NY (5/10-11, Tapad attended)
- Nordic Media Festival/ Mediedagene, Bergen, NOR (5/12, Are Traasdahl spoke)
- ASRC Accountability Program Conference, Los Angeles, CA (5/12, Tapad representative spoke)
- Data Magnified - by Magnetics, Los Angeles, CA (5/12, Drew McCalmont spoke)
- DAA Summit, Los Angeles, CA (5/12, Tapad representative spoke)
- Ad Club Digital Day, Toronto, CND (5/12, Tapad sponsored)
- INTX: Internet & Television Expo (formerly: The Cable Show, Boston, MA (5/16-18, Tapad attended)
- Internet Week, New York, NY (5/16-24, Tapad attended)
- MMS Upfront , New York, NY (5/16, Tapad attended)
- DMS 16 - Digital Media Summit presented by LUMA Partners, New York, NY (5/17, Tapad attended)
- M1 Summit, New York, NY (5/17, Tapad attended)
- Code Driven NYC meetup by FirstMark, New York, Ny (5/17, Toby Matejovski presented)
- Accelleration presented by mparticle, New York, NY (5/19, Tapad attended)
- AdExchanger Clean Ads I/O, New York, NY (5/24, Tapad attended)
- Nordic Startup Awards Finale, Reykjavik, Iceland (5/31, Are Traasdahl named Nordic Start-up Awards Founder of the Year)
That is all the breaking news for now. It was great to see so many of you at Internet Week and Scala Days. If you are attending Cannes Lions International festival of Creativity, make sure you catch us at Cannes Blanc, the Oracle Data Cloud Festival Fete, co-hosted by Tapad and the Taboola Tapad Happy Hour. Check out our blog and find out what other events not to miss during Cannes Lions!
View our upcoming industry events to see where you can connect with us next.
Happy June, all!
As always, thank you for your continued support; whether it’s deals or awards, we couldn’t do it without you! More soon, so please stay tuned.