Today, Tapad is thrilled to announce our commitment to fostering entrepreneurship with the launch of The Propeller Program. Starting September 19th, Tapad will host early-stage companies at our New York headquarters for one year to set them up for global expansion. In addition to providing C-level guidance and introductions to VCs, the mentorship initiative will grant full access to Tapad’s U.S. network, facilities, events and cultural activities.
In its inaugural year, the first participants will have seed or Series A funding, no more than 15 full-time employees and come from Tapad Founder & CEO Are Traasdahl’s native Norway. After a thorough application process, five startups — who we feel represent the future of service offerings — have been carefully chosen by Are for their proven success in Norway as well as potential to scale in the U.S.
Meet The Propeller Program’s Selected Companies:
- Bubbly – Developers of a platform that enables in-store customer feedback with dashboards and tools that facilitate real-time store response
- BylineMe - A marketplace for freelancers, publishers and brands to connect for content creation and distribution services
- Eventum – A property-sharing group that digitally assists in securing venues for meetings and corporate events
- Socius - A content provider for publishers to tell stories using social media
- Xeneta – A database that organizes the best contracted freight rates in real time and on-demand
“It is with incredible pride that we invite these entrepreneurial teams from Norway to join us in New York City this year. Mentorship opportunities for early-stage companies are so important, particularly for those based outside the U.S. I look forward to giving the Propeller Program participants access to the expertise of my seasoned team and to our wide network of resources. Hopefully, it will be a game-changing year for many of them.”
While we are no longer accepting applications, we invite you to read the full press release for additional details.