As the flurries begin to fall, it's the perfect time to reflect on what a big month November was for our team.
Since our inception, Tapad has been obsessed with cross-device measurement. So much so, that we have rolled out our own optimization metric, Viewable Exposure Time (VET) and TV analytics. Last month, Tapad’s SVP of Media Business, Kate O’Loughlin, joined industry executives at IAB Ad Operations Summit to address how the industry is using deterministic and probabilistic modeling to create comparable, viewable and optimizable metrics as well as maintain consumer privacy at scale.
Additionally, Tapad hosted a Measurement Meetup at our New York headquarters. Team Tapad’s Marshall Wong (SVP, Market Development - TV), Yael Elmatad (Data Scientist), Vinnie Ma (Product Developer), and Roop Ganguly (Data Scientist), lead a thoughtful and engagement discussion around how we can improve measurement and analytics in 2017.
In the spirit of looking forward, Sigve Brekke, joined Tapad Propeller Program participants to discuss entrepreneurship, innovation and finding success in the US market. The Propeller Program is a one-year mentorship program for five Norwegian startups to share Tapad’s New York City headquarters, receive C-level guidance and be assisted with establishing a strong brand presence in the U.S. It was a privilege for Tapad employees and Propellers to share the day with Sigve.
Another honor we’re pleased to share is that for the second straight year, Tapad was included in the Technology Fast 500™ ranking (#147 of 500). The list, which is sponsored by Deloitte, recognizes 500 of the fastest growing companies in technology, telecommunications, media, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America. The 2016 rankings are based on percentage of revenue growth from 2012 to 2015. We couldn’t be more thrilled and want to congratulate our esteemed partners who also made the list. Read on for more November highlights.
- MediaPost - Tapad Appoints Igor Elbert Data Science Lead (11/28)
- MediaPost - Thinking Differently About Unified Measurement (11/25)
- BuiltinNYC - Happy No Shave November: the best beards of NYC tech (11/22)
- The Street - President And CEO Of Telenor Group, Sigve Brekke, Convenes With Tapad's Propeller Participants (11/16)
- DMNTech - One on One: All About Marketing to Consumers, says Kate O'Loughlin (11/15)
- MediaPost - Tapad Device Graph Is Available Via LiveRamp's Ecosystem (11/15)
In November, Tapad participated in events around the world. From New York to Los Angeles and San Francisco; from Lisbon, Portugal to London, UK Team Tapad never shied away from our industry’s most reputable and outstanding events. View our November event highlights below and check out our Industry Events & More page to see where you can connect with us next.
- Measurement Meetup, Tapad HQ, New York (11/1, Tapad hosted)
- Gabbcon, Los Angeles, CA (11/2, Tapad attended)
- ad:tech NY, New York, NY (11/2-3, Tapad attended)
- NACC Achievement Award 2016, New York, NY (11/3, Are Traasdahl honored)
- MediaFWD (aka TV next), Boston, MA (11/7, Marshall Wong, SVP of Market Development / TV spoke; Tapad sponsored)
- IAB AdOps Summit, New York, NY (11/7, Kate O'Loughlin, SVP/GM Media Business spoke)
- Web Summit, Lisbon, Portugal (11/7-10, Tapad attended)
- Scala By The Bay, San Francisco, CA (11/11-13, TapadEng attended)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500, New York, NY (11/15, Tapad honored)
- The 614 Group - Brand Safety Summit , New York, NY (11/17, Tapad attended)
- IAB UK Video Conference, London, UK (11/16, Tapad attended)
- Defrag, Broomfield, CO (11/16-17, TapadEng attended)
- Ad Club Holiday Party, Toronto, CAN (11/24, Tapad sponsored)
- App Promotion Summit, Berlin, GER (11/30, Tapad sponsored)
Happy December, all!
As always, thank you for your continued support; whether it’s deals or awards, we couldn’t do it without you! More soon, so please stay tuned.