Tapad hit the ground running in 2017. Since our acquisition by Telenor Group, Tapad has gone full throttle on the move towards establishing a cross-device presence in EMEA, APAC and beyond. Most recently, Tapad opened our first office in the Nordic Region. Software engineer and one of our earliest employees, Jeff Olchovy, is helping lead the charge for engineers in Oslo and the initial hiring plan of more than 20 open positions; including, roles such as Head of Engineering, Senior Software Engineers and Solution Engineers.
In the spirit of Nordic expansion, our Co-Founder & CTO, Dag Liodden, along with one of our earliest engineers, Toby Matejovsky, were featured in Norway's Teknisk Ukeblad. Read on for some great intel about their experience in entrepreneurship, Telenor’s acquisition and the future of Tapad engineering.
Our engineers kicked off January with a post by SVP of Engineering, Pål Høye, sharing their 2017 tech predictions. From machine learning to use of containerization, see what the team is looking forward to in the coming year.
Additionally, we hosted two live webinars this month. Our first webinar featured Flashtalking's GM of Encore, Steve Latham, to discuss “Cracking Cross-Device to Optimize Media Performance.” Secondly, we partnered with TV experts from Cadreon to focus on addressing consumers' shifting viewing patterns with cross-device technology. We’ve received great traction from webinars, and this month DMN featured our GM/SVP of Media Business, Kate O'Loughlin's “One on One: All About Marketing to Consumers” session in its list of “10 Best DMN Podcasts of 2016.”
In the latest edition of Tapad’s “Three Things I Learned From…” byline series, David Sanderson shares what he learned from being in a DYI band. Read the article featured on The Huffington Post and if you have a story to share, please let us know!
Lastly, we’re also pleased to share two new strategic partnerships. Tapad is teaming up with Rubicon Project to offer a “unified, cross-device campaign delivery solution” within a programmatic marketplace. This relationship integrates Tapad’s Device Graph with Rubicon Project’s advertising exchange and Orders platform which will allow advertise to make more informed buying decisions and find the audiences who matter most. We’re also thrilled about our new partnership with WideOrbit, the leading provider of advertising management software for media companies. Together we will develop the industry's first programmatic TV-buying platform powered by The Device Graph™
- AdExchanger: Rubicon Project and Tapad Launch Global Cross-Device Solution (1/31)
- MediaPost: Rubicon Project, Tapad Partner to Expand Cross-Device Options (1/30)
- AdAge: How Demographics and Technology Impact Viewing Habits (1/30)
- Huffington Post: 3 Lessons in Ad Tech Creative I Learned from Being in a DYI Band (1/26)
- AdExchanger: Tapad Partners With WideOrbit to Offer Programmatic TV Inventory (1/25)
- eMarketer: For Telecoms, the Ad Tech Opportunity is Massive (1/18)
- DMN: The Cross Device Identity Holy Grail (1/17)
- MediaPost: Tapad Opens New Nordic Hub in Oslo, Will Add Engineers (1/11)
- DN.no: Now open entrepreneurial success Oslo office (1/10)
- Teknisk Ukeblad: Dag is the technologist behind Telenor billion acquisition (1/10)
- Kampanje: The plan for 2017 is global domination (1/6)
- ExchangeWire: Cross Device: Let’s go back to the future (1/5)
- DMN: The 10 Best DMN Podcasts of 2016 (1/5)
In January, Tapad participated in events around the world. From New York to Hollywood, FL and from Oslo, NOR to Yangon, Myanmar -- Team Tapad never shies away from our industry’s most reputable and outstanding events. View our January event highlights below and check out our Industry Events & More page to see where you can connect with us next.
- Ad Exchanger's Industry Preview, New York, NY (1/18-19, Tapad sponsoring)
- Telenor Global Forum, Yangon, Myanmar (1/24-27, Tapad attending)
- IAB Annual Leadership Meeting, Hollywood, FL (1/29-31, Tapad attending)
- ScalaBin Meetup, Oslo, NOR (1/30, Tapad sponsoring)
Happy February, all!
As always, thank you for your continued support; whether it’s partnerships, news highlights or global expansion, we couldn’t do it without you! More soon, so please stay tuned.